Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Back from Disney, and back at it!

We're back from Disney World. If you want to read about our trip, visit my other blog at www.thekouvolohouse.blogspot.com

We started back to school on Monday, and Maddy has picked right back up where she ended. I thought we'd have a bit of a transition time, but she's doing great.

So, this week...
We've learned about David and Goliath in our Bible lessons. This is one of Maddy's favorite Bible stories.

She had another test on Tuesday in Math, and another A+ under her belt! Way to go, Maddy! Math is still a review for her, and we've been working more on the value of different coins.

In Reading and Writing, she has learned to write cursive r, and cursive f. I wish my camera wasn't broken so I could let you all see her writing. She is doing so well....probably better than her mama at cursive! LOL! Her reading is continuing to improve, and she loves to read labels at the grocery store, and billboards. She gets so happy when she can read things.

In Social Studies, we've learned about George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and George Washington Carver this week, as well as the Statue of Liberty. She can tell you that George Washington led our army to fight for our freedom and became the first president of the United States. She can also tell you that Abraham Lincoln was our sixteenth president and how he worked hard, and how George Washington Carver taught people better ways to grow crops and how he made different foods and soap from peanuts, and syrup and fluor from sweet potatoes. I am learning right there beside her. I flat out stink at history, so I'm glad that I have a book to go by, and it's fun to learn new things with Maddy! Next week we'll be learning about a few countries and the children who live all over the world. I'm looking forward to that!

So, all is well on the homefront!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

I'm glad that you didn't have to transition her back into her studies. She seems so excited about school and that is so GREAT!!! It's wonderful to see a child interested in learning. I'm so glad that she is doing great in it as well! She is a smart girl and I'm positive that she is gonna go very far in life. Great job to you and Ryan and her parents and mentors.

Tonya said...

LOL I meant to say as her parents and mentors. Ha Ha!!!! I just noticed that! Silly me!