Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Week 8 almost to a close!

So this is week 8 of Kindergarten, and Maddy is doing great!
Today she had a test in reading, and made an A+! She has gotten every answer right on every test so far, and I am soooo proud of her! And just in case anyone is wondering, no, she is not allowed to cheat! LOL! I can't believe someone asked me that the other day! To let her cheat would be to cheat her, and myself. In no way shape or form will I ever let her cheat. I guess that's one misconception about homeschooling from ignorant people who know no better.
She is continuing to improve her cursive writing, and can tell you everything you need to know about Christopher Columbus. He's one historical figure that seems to have stuck in her mind so far.
Monday in Social Studies she learned about Eskimos, today we took it to a different climate and learned about Hawaii, and tomorrow we'll have a lesson on our American Flag.
We've got one more day of school and then we are Disney Bound!!! Maddy's been counting down the days every morning, and reminds me several times during the day! So this will be my last blog entry for a while, until we get back. So, I'll close with one of my favorite sayings...
*TV: If children are so entertained by two letters, imagine the fun they'll have with 26! Open your child's imagination. Open a book!*

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Congratulations! I know you all need a well deserved vacation. Hope you have lots of fun and great family time at DisneyWorld. I can't wait to hear about the trip when you get back! Be safe and have loads of fun!