Sunday, March 15, 2009

Colonial Girl

Last week, to end our Felicity(Colonial Times) study, we made a Colonial meal. Maddy made a straw hat with flowers and a ribbon to wear. She was reluctant to wear it to eat, but I got a picture atleast. Felicity has a horse named Penny and when we were in Rite Aid, Maddy spoted a "Penny". She looked up at me with those sad eyes and said, "Can I have this?" We really don't buy her too much throughout the year, besides candy at the check out line, and since she has to "wait a whole year which isn't fair" (her words) for her birthday, I bought it for her.
We made chicken pudding, sweet potatoes and apples, sugar cookies, and of course..tea! Our tea had a little Southern touch with a cup of sugar, but we pretended it was unsweet! ; ) Maddy helped make a good bit of the food. She's getting to be a really good cook! I might get to retire from kitchen duties early if she keeps this up! The chicken pudding was delicious! When I read the recipe, I didn't think it would be good, but it was REALLY good! Maddy and Ryan said the sweet potatoes and apples were good too! Of course the sugar cookies were good! We topped them with extra sugar and nutmeg, so who could resist that? ; )
Enjoy the picture of our "little Lady!"

1 comment:

Faith Clark said...

PRECIOUS Picture! You are blessed.
;)
Peace,
Faith